Zyloprim reduces the production of uric acid in your body. It is used to treat gout or kidney stones.
Zyloprim reduces the production of uric acid in your body. It is used to treat gout or kidney stones, and to decrease levels of uric acid in people who are receiving cancer treatment.
Use it exactly as it was prescribed for you. Take each dose with a full glass of water, after food. The recommended dose is 200 to 300 mg a day. The suggested dose for children is 6 to 10 years of age is 300 mg a day. For children under 6 years the suggested dose is 150 mg daily. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Do not use this medication if you have ever had kidney or liver illnesses or if you are pregnant. Restrict to use vitamin C. The drug may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It may worsen your condition.
Do not use this medication if you have a serious allergic reaction to the drug.
Possible side effect
The medicine may cause giddiness, sickness, eruption, urinating less than usual or not at all, flu symptoms, yellowing of the skin or eyes, headache, retching, jaundice and some allergic reaction (hives, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, difficulty breathing), vomiting, diarrhea. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
The medicine can cooperate with azathioprine, chlorpropamide, cyclosporine, mercaptopurine, the antibiotics (ampicillin or amoxicillin), dicoumarol or warfarin and diuretic. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it is time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Call emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. Overdose symptoms are unknown.
Store your medicines at room temperature between 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C). Store away from moisture and light. Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets.
The information presented at the site has a general character. Note please this information cannot be used for self-treatment and self diagnosis. You should consult with your doctor or health care adviser regarding any specific instructions of your condition. The information is reliable, but we concede it could contain mistakes. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other damage caused by use of this information on the site and also for consequences of self-treatment.